Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Intertwined No. 1 © Emily Porter
Elsa 2011 © Emily Porter

There once was a child who convinced herself that everyone had a certain amount of words that could depart from their lips before they would died. Worried, she spoke seldom, not wanting to use her words up too soon.

Wait...

Wait....

She watched a young boy use the remainder of his words too soon. He liedthere never to utter a single word again. Starring at the boy in the oak coffin, she tightened her mouth and leaked water from the inner corners of her eyes. So much she had wanted to say to the boy, but he was never to hear her speak again.

Wait.

Wait.

She spoke through her thoughts and knew he was listening. Not a single word spoken aloud and he could hear everything she had needed to say:

Good bye sweet boy, she cried. You have used up your words and collected dear ones on your short journey, yet you still speak to each and everyone of us by merely having existed.


Intertwined No. 2 © Emily Porter

I fear if I shall ever see you again my heart will simply shatter and I will cease to exist.

Walking the earth the rest of my days an empty vessel, never to feel again.

A piece of my soul missing...never to be found again.


Untitled © Emily Porter

My mind is ill with the thought of yesterday...
hopefully one day i may look back and not feel the pain you have carelessly brought onto my heart.


Untitled © Emily Porter

You breathe no longer yet I feel your breath.
you remain a boy in time and i age with each passing day, wondering what you would be like if you stood before me. I find that each moment I spent with you has become precious.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why you stopped writing but this particular post is deep. #iRelate

    ReplyDelete